New video series: The ABCs of Product Management
If you want to be a designer, you go to design school.
If you want to be an engineer, you get an engineering degree.
If you want to be a product manager… well, where’s the school for that?
Introducing our new video series, The ABCs of Product Management. In four episodes, we cover core skillsets that will help product managers excel in their roles:
- Arriving at a deep understanding of user needs
- Building a product strategy that unites your team around strategic objectives
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Defining a roadmap that rallies everyone around your plan
Episode 1: Arriving at a deep understanding of user needs
Learn four best practices for gathering deep user insights and building a shared understanding of users across your entire product team.
Episode 2: Building an excellent product strategy
We share the common elements of an effective product strategy, then go through a product strategy exercise using our own work here at Productboard as an example.
Episode 3: Collaborating with cross-functional teams
Product management is not a solo task, and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization is key. We crowdsource tips from real product teams to help you work more cohesively across the organization.
Episode 4: Defining a roadmap that rallies everyone around your plan
To make communication more efficient, product managers can create tailored roadmaps that provide just the right amount of detail for each stakeholder. This video showcases examples of different roadmaps that can be used with different audiences.
- Arriving at a deep understanding of user needs (by identifying where feedback is coming from, creating regular touchpoints with customers, and centralizing all inputs in a single, easily accessible location).
- Building an excellent product strategy (championing the voice of the customer while also advancing broader business goals and doing it all with limited resources and time).
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams (taking the time to understand your stakeholders and then speaking in the language that resonates with them the most).
- Defining your roadmap and rallying everyone around your plan (using the right format for the right audience and making sure it’s available when they need it).
The good news is that Productboard is here for you every step of the way. Want to learn more about how we can help you in your journey to put these concepts into practice? Start your free trial today, or go to our PM Upskills Lab to learn more.