On a typical day, you will …
You will be expected to support a recently established team of engineers in their day to day development experience, their personal development, and long term career growth.
- You will lead 3 to 10 engineers within a product team (or two), which owns a core part of productboard.
- You will ensure goals and objectives for the team are clearly defined and engineers can participate in the product discovery phase.
- You will coach and mentor your engineers, showing them the next steps in their careers.
- Together with the CTO, Director and other EMs you will discuss, define and implement processes to support a growing team (feedback, growth, team organisation, delivery process).
- You will maintain a healthy, collaborative culture in line with the company values as we navigate through hyper-growth.
- You will be actively involved in hiring engineers for your team, making sure it’s well-staffed.
- Personally being the strongest engineer in the team is not your end goal, your main focus is to have a multiplying effect on the team's output.
- To get a better idea of our vision of the role, read the “Role of Management” in the article about Empowered Product Teams from Marty Cagan.
We need empathetic engineering managers which can help navigate our engineering teams through the current growth.
- You have a strong technical background, ideally building complex B2B SaaS products.
- You have a proven track record of substantially impacting the development of complex or fast growing systems.
- You understand devops as culture not as a role.
- You have past experience with leading people.
- You have the ability to align people behind a common goal. You can explain and materialise objectives of the team.
- You are direct but careful with feedback, both given and received. We embrace the approach of Radical Candor.
- You are fluent in English—our team consists of 14+ nationalities.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
💻MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books and conferences
🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague.
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
🌉Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
✈️Relocation Package for foreign (non Czech & Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.