One of the key drivers to our success is our extraordinary emphasis on our people and a commitment to building programs that enable Productboarders to contribute to their fullest potential. We are searching for a Director of People Operations to support our Prague and Europe based teams and help drive that effort. This includes supporting our leaders and managers through scale, creating an environment where Productboarders of all backgrounds can thrive, aligning our organizational strategy with our people strategy and using data to develop best practices from 1st principles.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, data-driven, comfortable with an extremely fast paced environment and at their core a creative problem solver. This role will report to the VP of People and will be vital in the success of the People organization and the company as a whole.
Being detail-oriented, proactive, curious, and having a good sense of humor are essential!
On a typical day, you will...
- Forge strong connections and lines of communications with employees at all levels across the organization.
- Act as a coach, partner, and confidant to managers and leaders in Prague.
- Advocate for and serve as a resource for Productboard employees.
- Partner with the VP of People to develop programs that continually elevate the caliber, engagement and empathy of Productboarders.
- Analyze people data and trends to inform decisions on strategy and programs.
- Provide the Prague People Ops team with day-to-day leadership to ensure their ongoing development, growth and success.
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts, including educating and promoting awareness, and ensuring an inclusive work environment that fosters belonging and collaboration.
- Strategize and support the Talent team with best-in-class recruiting strategies, processes & tactics to attract the best talent and to promote Productboard as a great place to work.
- Be fluent in Productboard’s total compensation programs, salary structure, market analysis and overall compensation philosophy. Help educate managers and employees on our pay practices.
- Help inspire a culture that seeks clarity, practices relentless improvement, acts with empathy, fosters transparency and finds strength in togetherness.
- A partner and connector who builds trusted relationships with managers and leaders by providing deep insights and helping them see around corners
- A collaborator, who gets energy from working with leaders to create the best possible teams and organizational structures
- A strategic thinker whose decisions are informed by data, experience and the company’s core values
- A coach who loves building and developing high-impact teams,
- A strategist and scaler, who can connect the dots between where we’re going and how we need to nudge the organization to get there.
What you should have
- 10+ years of combined HR experience (i.e. HR business partnership, operations, compensation programs, talent acquisition or similar) preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations
- Experience leading, developing and managing HR and Talent teams
- Adept at partnering and influencing senior leaders to help drive their people strategy and increase business results
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strategic thinker, that can also focus on tactical and operational issues with a history of managing on-going operational deliverables and sudden, high priority, tasks.
- A “people person" – the ability to connect people and meet them where they are while being able to deliver messages in a simple manner.
- BA/BS degree with focus in HR or Business, or equivalent practical experience
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
💚 shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
🌁 Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
✈️ Relocation Package for foreign (non-Czech/Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.