5 key takeaways from 1400+ product managers and leaders
The 2022 Product Excellence Report from Productboard and Product Collective is here
Product professionals are no strangers to uncertainty. Macroeconomic shockwaves and growing customer demands have raised the stakes for organizations, but it also reveals something – opportunity. We partnered with Product Collective to uncover that opportunity amidst uncertainty.
“Uncertainty is nothing new for Product people. Our job has always had uncertainty. We thrive in uncertainty.”
-Productboard CEO, Hubert Palan
Over 1400 industry professionals — from leaders to individual contributors — responded to this year’s Product Excellence survey and we dove into that data to see what it had to say about the modern state of product management, on everything from product roadmapping to prioritization and customer feedback.
Download the full report now to get all the details around the key takeaways below, plus some recommendations on how to help your product team address any gaps and build lasting resilience.
Key takeaways from the 2022 Product Excellence Report
- Nearly half (48%) of respondents said that setting a clear product vision and strategy is the area where they experience the most challenge.
- Confidence in product roadmaps has waned year over year, with only 41% of product professionals reporting they’re able to successfully keep them up-to-date compared to 57% a year ago.
- Only 31% of survey respondents said roadmaps could be easily shared and accessed by cross-functional partners.
- Respondents, to the tune of 54%, do not believe that they have an effective system in place for communicating feature updates to customers.
- Product organizations still lack purpose-built toolkits to ply their trade, resulting in fragmented workflows and greater difficulty aligning across multiple stakeholders.