You, yes you over there
Who we are looking for
For an Accountant who will perform bookkeeping and accounting under CAS and US GAAP. Who will help with the establishment of accounting procedures and internal control framework and who will own AP and AR processes and seek improvements.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Finance Manager in preparation of accurate and timely Financial Statements for the month, quarter, and year-end close, in accordance with US GAAP and Czech accounting standards
- Performing weekly & monthly accounting tasks such as AP, AR, expense reimbursements, journal entries, etc
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate account balances
- Assisting with technical accounting projects related to revenue recognition and other SaaS related topics
- Assisting with selecting and implementing a new ERP system
- Supporting existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve our processes and efficiency
- Ad hoc reporting and analytic projects as assigned by Finance Manager
You possess the following competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Accounting role
- Strong organizational and verbal/written English communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking capability
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
- You are self-motivated, deadline driven and result oriented, a problem solver with a can-do attitude with strong teamwork skills and strong desire to drive changes
- You are highly skilled in MS Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.), able to work with large data sets and build reports
- Public Accounting experience preferred although not required
- ACCA or CPA track preferred although not required
It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die
What we offer
Competitive compensation package, including stock options.
New MacBook Pro (or another notebook of your choice) + 34″ monitor.
Budget for books, online courses and conferences.
Unlimited supply of Mate Mate and coffee.
Budget for Uber when staying late in the office.
MultiSport card for working out.
We like to have fun too
What we do beyond shipping features
We take pride in our craft, and we are constantly trying to improve our skills and tooling. We organize internal tech talks, code retreats, and hackathons. We also like to share our experiences with others on various meetups and conferences.
We suck at open source, but we would like to get better, so we started hosting open source hackathons where we order beer and pizza and pair program on fixing bugs from our favorite open source projects (React.js usually 🤓).
But writing code is not the only thing we do. We are social creatures. We like to hang out and discuss things beyond 0s and 1s. We have regular team breakfasts and dinners, but also like to get out of Prague from time to time, so we organize team offsites – both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
After work, we continually find ourselves at nearby Vinograf, Meat&Greet and a whiskey bar in Jindrisska Tower. Every Tuesday we host a beer evening at our office where we invite our +1s and people outside of the company as well – you are invited too! We usually watch how Playstation downloads another batch of updates, discuss our recent attempts to start running again, and listen to Mike’s fresh new playlist on Spotify. We are fun.