Productboard is searching for a Workplace Experience leader who is obsessed with culture building, is passionate about creating memorable experiences for employees, and is a natural at communicating across mediums and geographies. You will be a critical member of the People team where we are leaders in creating and sustaining a transparent and innovative workplace that promotes employee engagement, high performance, diversity, and mutual respect. This is a highly visible role where you will have a massive influence on how our company celebrates together, appreciates one another, and ultimately, wins as a team.
Based in Vancouver, we are looking for our Workplace Experience team to lead the charge in creating amazing employee experiences for our international and hybrid (remote + office) organization. The ideal candidate will be excited to wear many hats in a hybrid role that will touch on office operations, employee experience, and internal company events.
This role focuses on these core areas...
Hybrid Remote Experience
- Provide high-touch support to employees in the workplace. This includes providing employees with tools, support, information, and way-finding to return to the office safely
- Develop best practices and processes for seating assignments for new and existing employees and manage adjustments in seating assignments as needed for dedicated desks and hot desks
- Help support return to work safety guidelines, best practices, and standards for cross-functional teams
- Provide strategy and support for our remote employees and those located near our office
- Support our international employees visiting the local office to find accommodations for long term stays or short term visits
Internal Hospitality & Events
- At Productboard we appreciate the “big stuff” along with the “small stuff.” You will be responsible for employee gifts and acknowledgment for the work they do and the milestone events in their personal life and celebrate important team cultural/career moments and work anniversaries for all of our SF employees
- Translate culture and brand through in person as well as virtual events and experiences
- Own the strategy and budget for events and recognition programs
- Lead the coordination of internal events and oversee all aspects of event management and production from content and program development, budget, design, vendor management, logistics, travel, invitations, and more
- Innovate and run Workplace Experience related programs in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups and People Team to focus on: onboarding, wellness programs, appreciation programs, and internal communications of these programs via Slack and Notion
- Organize & coordinate onboarding for new hires, including new hire swag and equipment, and scheduling of new hire sessions
- Support broader People team with the candidate and new hire experience, including in-office greetings, creating welcome packages, and communicating our values and workplace policies
- Keep our swag game strong! It's more than just stuff - it is a constant visual reminder of who we are! You'll help ideate, execute, and distribute Productboard-branded items
- Oversee the OpEx budget and monitoring all office related expenses
- Partner closely with IT Operations to triage on-site technological and security issues
- Oversee all aspects of our SF office experience, including vendors, social events, and local communications
- Maintain general office appearance and operations, including visitor logistics, key card management, room booking, and keeping conference rooms/shared spaces functional, clean, and comfortable –minimal and in alignment with CDC guidelines
- Serve as the main point of contact with building management, other tenants, vendors, external facilities landlords
- Ensure our local office is meeting our standards of office design, maintenance, and organizational standards
- Complete daily walkthroughs to assess space readiness, ensuring workspaces, conference rooms, and offices are employee and guest ready
- This role is also expected to be in the office to support the needs of the business
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience Workplace Experience roles
- You know culture is everywhere, including and ESPECIALLY in the details.
- You're a rock star project coordinator and have experience with planning events and other cross-functional projects end to end
- Skillful execution with high attention to detail, organization, and process
- You have a keen eye for hospitality and providing an incredible experience
- Adaptable and ability to work with limited information and ambiguity
- Proactive and helping to anticipate problems and/or needs for the office
- Understand how to prioritize tasks especially when many are being thrown your way
- Solid understanding of G Suite, Slack, and Zoom
- Comfortable adapting to a fast pace working environment
- Creative problem solver able to think in an unexpected way
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when vital
- Very strong communication and social skills
Our Tech Stack
- Slack, Notion
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.