Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Our mission at Productboard is to help all the curious and relentless product creators out there to "make products that matter, together." But while products matter, we know that people matter more. Your mission at Productboard will be to "Make people matter, together."
We need your help with building and leading a truly great company where everyone identifies with our mission and values, is inspired and appreciated, is welcomed and respected, and has an opportunity to grow, learn, and make impact.
We are looking to hire a VP People & Culture to lead our global people organization, currently spread between San Francisco, Vancouver, London, Dublin and Prague.
As the VP of People & Culture, you will be reporting to our CFO and will be responsible for developing and leading global People initiatives and providing counsel to senior leaders and managers within Productboard. You will also function as the HRBP to our executive leadership team, while driving the day-to-day delivery of People projects, programs and strategies within Productboard. We will look to you to develop and implement strategies around workforce planning, talent management, performance reviews, employee relations, organizational design, and the development of key talent.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership on people-related issues and policies across the company, such as organizational planning, performance, compensation and rewards, employee relations, people development and talent acquisition.
- Demonstrate functional expertise and function as a coach and trusted advisor to our global executive business leaders, while supporting them to create and maintain a positive work environment.
- Lead, identify, and support People strategies and initiatives for the business such as workforce planning, organization design and development, DEI&B, while functioning as our culture carrier.
- Lead change management, delivery of talent effectiveness, and the creation of a healthy work environment with our Workplace Experience function to foster a high level of employee engagement and a performance-based culture.
- Develop and drive initiatives related to building strong leadership capabilities for the business and the development of leadership competency within the business.
- Facilitate our eNPS process as well as supporting leaders through our performance cycles, including succession planning and identification of high potential employees.
- Leverage insights from discussions with leaders to address leadership gaps and opportunities, and ensure the creation of development plans to bridge the gaps.
- Advise and assist all appropriate business leaders regarding employee performance issues and actions required for improvement
- Partner with leaders to create and maintain a culture of inclusion where all employees feel valued and see Productboard as a place where they can do their best work.
What we need from you:
- We are seeking a professional with a high EQ and a genuinely empathetic personality. Productboard is a close-knit team and we are looking for someone to help foster and grow this awesome culture of caring, with a “people first” approach.
- You should be an experienced People leader who has owned a broad range of functions in high-growth environments as a senior executive.
- Ideally, you will bring an expertise of having worked across multiple People areas, with immense depth in business partnering and operations. The ideal candidate will be a culture carrier, be passionate about building world-class employee experiences, possess a strong understanding of compensation & benefits, L&D, and DEI&B.
- Experience with change management is essential.
- Leadership experience from both public and VC funded start-ups is ideal.
- A track record of success in a fast-paced, growth-stage software company is ideal.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, with a deep comfort managing budgets and monitoring business results globally.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create, communicate and direct a team to achieve the company’s vision as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Highly disciplined and organized, both operationally and in thought process.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to the office
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
San Francisco Bay Area: $240,000 - $375,000 cash + equity
Other California locations: $190,000 - $300,000 cash + equity
Actual compensation within the above ranges will be dependent upon the individual's skills, experience, qualifications, and applicable laws.
- Over 6,000 customers including major FT500 and Global 2000 companies, such as Microsoft, Zendesk, Disney, Autodesk, ServiceMax/GE, Envoy, Quicken Loans, Keybank, and many more.
- Founded by Hubert Palan, former VP of Product Management at GoodData - who joined as employee #6 and helped them scale to over 300 employees and $100M in funding. UC Berkeley Haas MBA, MSc in CS from the Czech Technical University.
- Productboard has raised $262M in total funding. The most recent Series D of $125M was led by Dragoneer and Tiger Global. The Series C of $72M was led by Tiger, and Series B of $45M was led by Sequoia and Bessemer Ventures. Initial Series A of $20M came from Kleiner Perkins and Index Ventures. Very strong VCs are backing our company and are very bullish about our growth.
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.