Productboard is seeking a Director of Analytics to lead the Data Analytics team. As one of the first Analytics lead hires, you will ensure that the business in its various departments understands its own health, finds growth levers, and identifies opportunities for optimization. You will be asked to get your hands dirty and work directly with various stakeholders ranging from data engineers to the executive team to provide real-time visibility into the health of the business and solve hard analytical problems. You are excited about continuing to build out and improve upon our data and business intelligence foundation and eventually becoming a player-coach that helps recruit and manage a world-class Analytics team down the road. You will report directly into the VP of Finance & Operations.
On a typical day, you will...
- Discover actionable insights buried in data and provide the executive team and key decision-makers with real-time visibility into the performance of the overall business and key metrics by building and maintaining insightful dashboards.
- Partner closely with business leadership (e.g., Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc.) and the team of data engineers to build a culture of data-driven decision making by setting frameworks for metrics, experimentation, and forecasting.
- Collaborate with data engineers, sales and marketing operations teams to ensure data quality and maintain the “single source of truth” by organizing disparate data sets across multiple systems.
- Eventually, build and coach a world-class Analytics team that can centralize all the data and analytics needs across all teams across the organization.
- Build and maintain a framework of product engagement metrics, to better understand how our customers use Productboard.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in a business-focused analytical role, preferably at a B2B SaaS company.
- 2+ years in management consulting or finance experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of Go to Market metrics for B2B SaaS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to tell stories with data and pinpoint the core of a problem.
- Great business intuition and strong project management skills that allow for quick delivery of results with iteration.
- Proven and successful experience in the execution of data analytics initiatives, leading to the development of useful insights and the improvement of a business's performance and driving top-line growth.
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, etc.) and strong working knowledge of SQL queries and ETL pipelines.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in hiring and leading a team of analysts.
- Familiarity with the principles of data engineering and data modeling
💰Competitive compensation, Stock options, Company 401k
📚A budget for your professional development and on-going learning
🏝4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋Company contribution to Gym & Wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own headspace membership
About our culture
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named Productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
About our culture
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.