You, yes you over there
Who we are looking for
We need a person who is eager to tackle the challenges presented when managing finances and accounting for a young, fast-growth multinational company. Exposure to GAAP is a plus, but we will be happy to supplement your ACCA certification with US specific training and mentorship.
- Overseeing all accounting activities including month-end close, financial reporting, payroll, and cash management for both CR and US entities, which would also include:
- Serving as the key technical accounting resource for productboard
- Preparing the company to be audit ready, and oversee audit in FY 2020
- Ensuring complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting in conjunction with a 3rd party provider
- Controlling expenses, taking a critical eye to make sure we’re maximizing company resources
- Establishing and maintaining corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure conformance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations
- Bring accounting in house — currently being handled via firms in the US and CZ. You would build, manage, and lead a finance team in Prague. You would also temporarily oversee the contractor’s work until you hire an in-house accountant.
- Building scalable systems to support our growth, overseeing transition from Quickbooks Online to an enterprise class ERP system ( e.g., NetSuite or Intacct)
- You would be also part of FP&A, so you would partner with business leads to understand and explain financial variances vs. plan and forecast
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1 – 4 years of audit experience at a Big 4 firm (Deloitte, EY, KPMG or PwC)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a similar managerial role
- Proven knowledge of European based IFRS principles
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or ACCA certification (or similar)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Great communication skills as you will be a collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience with US GAAP is a plus, but we are willing to get you up to speed
- Experience with working in SaaS/B2B environment is a plus
- Experience with setting up your own ERP level accounting systems, such as Netsuite or Intacct
Location: Prague, with frequent travel to the US
Reporting to: VP Finance and Operations based in US
It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die
What we offer
Competitive compensation package, including stock options.
New MacBook Pro (or another notebook of your choice) + 34″ monitor.
Budget for books, online courses and conferences.
Unlimited supply of Mate Mate and coffee.
Budget for Uber when staying late in the office.
MultiSport card for working out.
Tools and technologies we love
Elastic, Ruby, Rails, Python, Cypress.io, Redis, Heroku, AWS, CircleCI, TDD in bash, Keboola, GoodData, Intercom, Slack, productboard, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
How we work
We work in small cross-functional teams that usually consist of three developers, a designer, and a product manager. The teams work closely together towards a specific goal related to making our customers even more awesome.
As a developer you will be part of the whole feature development lifecycle, starting with the discussion on where to focus our efforts and why. You will see all the feedback we collected from our customers linked in this cool tool called productboard 😉, and you will be encouraged to come up with ideas/objections.
Before we build well architected, scalable, and production ready features, we like to test our assumptions first. (Our time is valuable! Why risk building the wrong thing?) You will support our product discovery efforts by quickly hacking together prototypes that can be validated with our customers. After evaluating the results, we’ll select the best design/architecture to use moving forwards.
When we build features, we like to pair on complex problems, conduct detailed code reviews and deploy small changes daily. When you ship your feature to production, you’ll get to communicate the update to the users who requested and bask in all the joy and praise that comes from delivering awesome functionality to passionate users. This is especially rewarding since our customers are among the brightest product minds in the industry.
We like to have fun too
What we do beyond shipping features
We take pride in our craft, and we are constantly trying to improve our skills and tooling. We organize internal tech talks, code retreats, and hackathons. We also like to share our experiences with others on various meetups and conferences.
We suck at open source, but we would like to get better, so we started hosting open source hackathons where we order beer and pizza and pair program on fixing bugs from our favorite open source projects (React.js usually 🤓).
But writing code is not the only thing we do. We are social creatures. We like to hang out and discuss things beyond 0s and 1s. We have regular team breakfasts and dinners, but also like to get out of Prague from time to time, so we organize team offsites – both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
After work, we continually find ourselves at nearby Vinograf, Meat&Greet and a whiskey bar in Jindrisska Tower. Every Tuesday we host a beer evening at our office where we invite our +1s and people outside of the company as well – you are invited too! We usually watch how Playstation downloads another batch of updates, discuss our recent attempts to start running again, and listen to Mike’s fresh new playlist on Spotify. We are fun.