You, yes you over there
Who we are looking for
As a member of the platform team your primary job is to make the life of productboard engineers easier and more productive by providing tools to help them achieve their goals with zero friction. We are looking for a junior engineer to help us achieve the level of excellence that teams need to make their day-to-day work easier and enjoyable. You will be working side-by-side with an early productboard engineer Tomas making sure that you fully understand the most pressing needs of a fast scaling company.
Your assignments might include:
- Researching how to optimize webpack build times and implementing improvements for our CI/CD pipeline.
- Improving configuration of our monitoring tools to make sure we are alerted about relevant issues.
- Building and documenting best practices between engineering teams to ensure consistency & efficiency.
- Providing information and metrics engineering teams need to improve their development experience.
- Building the toolchain to make open sourcing of our internal projects possible.
- Deploy, maintain and improve company systems like Github, CircleCI, Heroku, Google Apps.
You know you are the right match…
- You can write a simple web page or a program in a language of your choice.
- You’re not afraid to be learning new languages & libraries in a fast paced environment.
- You enjoy solving chores through automation.
- You like to understand how things work, even if that requires breaking them apart and putting them back together again.
- You deeply care about the way how software is built.
- You can think of ways how to hack systems to work better for people.
- You can do all of the above entirely in English.
It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die
What we offer
Competitive compensation package, including stock options.
New MacBook Pro (or another notebook of your choice) + 34″ monitor.
Budget for books, online courses and conferences.
Unlimited supply of Mate Mate and coffee.
Budget for Uber when staying late in the office.
MultiSport card for working out.
Tools and technologies we love
Elastic, Ruby, Rails, Python, Cypress.io, Redis, Heroku, AWS, CircleCI, TDD in bash, Keboola, GoodData, Intercom, Slack, productboard, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
How we work
We work in small cross-functional teams that usually consist of three developers, a designer, and a product manager. The teams work closely together towards a specific goal related to making our customers even more awesome.
As a developer you will be part of the whole feature development lifecycle, starting with the discussion on where to focus our efforts and why. You will see all the feedback we collected from our customers linked in this cool tool called productboard 😉, and you will be encouraged to come up with ideas/objections.
Before we build well architected, scalable, and production ready features, we like to test our assumptions first. (Our time is valuable! Why risk building the wrong thing?) You will support our product discovery efforts by quickly hacking together prototypes that can be validated with our customers. After evaluating the results, we’ll select the best design/architecture to use moving forwards.
When we build features, we like to pair on complex problems, conduct detailed code reviews and deploy small changes daily. When you ship your feature to production, you’ll get to communicate the update to the users who requested and bask in all the joy and praise that comes from delivering awesome functionality to passionate users. This is especially rewarding since our customers are among the brightest product minds in the industry.
We like to have fun too
What we do beyond shipping features
We take pride in our craft, and we are constantly trying to improve our skills and tooling. We organize internal tech talks, code retreats, and hackathons. We also like to share our experiences with others on various meetups and conferences.
We suck at open source, but we would like to get better, so we started hosting open source hackathons where we order beer and pizza and pair program on fixing bugs from our favorite open source projects (React.js usually 🤓).
But writing code is not the only thing we do. We are social creatures. We like to hang out and discuss things beyond 0s and 1s. We have regular team breakfasts and dinners, but also like to get out of Prague from time to time, so we organize team offsites – both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
After work, we continually find ourselves at nearby Vinograf, Meat&Greet and a whiskey bar in Jindrisska Tower. Every Tuesday we host a beer evening at our office where we invite our +1s and people outside of the company as well – you are invited too! We usually watch how Playstation downloads another batch of updates, discuss our recent attempts to start running again, and listen to Mike’s fresh new playlist on Spotify. We are fun.
Congrats on getting this far