Join us to make product that matters!
At productboard, we started with an ambitious goal to reimagine the way how great products are being built. We put together a team of creators, tinkerers and hackers and built a platform for product management that empowers companies to deeply understand user needs and ideate & prioritize what to build next. Today, over 1800 companies use productboard to build better empathy for their users and drive innovation.
Last year we have partnered with two of the most iconic venture capital firms in the world, Kleiner Perkins and Index Ventures, and started scaling our team and operations. Now we are seeking a Director of Engineering who is eager to join our mission. This is a unique opportunity to have a major impact on the growth of our organisation.
What you will be doing:
- Your main mission will be to enable engineers in product teams to make the biggest impact possible for the company while reaching their personal development goals.
- You will mentor and coach a team of talented engineering managers and technical leaders.
- You will work together with the CTO to improve engineering processes and advocate and advance modern software development and organizational practices.
- You will help the team to maintain a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values as we navigate through hyper-growth.
- You will be actively involved in attracting and hiring new engineerings and engineering managers.
What are we looking for:
- You have a strong technical background, ideally from building complex B2B SaaS products.
- You have experience leading engineering teams in product companies and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your teams to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
- You are a coach and a talent magnet. You have experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers.
- We don’t expect you to write or review code on a regular basis, so this role may not be for you if you will deeply miss those things.
- You are fluent in English – our team consists of 14+ nationalities
Our perks and benefits:
- Be a part of the fast-growing startup that raised $18 million in Series A funding led by Index Ventures and Kleiner Perkins. We were named a Rising Star on the Forbes 2018 Cloud100. Don’t hesitate to check TechCrunch or Forbes 🤓
- Be a part of building a unique product management system that is currently being used by more than 1,800 customers including UiPath, Envoy, Dell EMC, Houzz, Unity, Twilio, SproutSocial, Avast, Zendesk and many others.
- Be in a company that is a mission-driven. productboard is supporting many NGOs and educational institutions, including edX Inc. where some of the best brains from Harvard, Stanford, and MIT are working together to build infrastructure to provide high-quality education for everyone, everywhere. For free. Also, we recycle.
- Get all the support you need for your personal and professional development. Access to PlatoHQ, leadership and speaker coaches, the budget for books, Audible account, online courses, and conferences. Speakers program – so you will rock the conferences worldwide and it can help you to build your personal brand!
- We’ll create an environment where you will love to work. We are awesome in board games, hackathons, preparing fresh veggie salads for our teammates, eating donuts together, we are foodies, sports and meditation addicts. We have built our culture around transparency and we don’t tolerate politics.
- Get the opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco.
- The competitive compensation package, including stock options and a generous budget for hardware.
It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die
What we offer
Competitive compensation package, including stock options.
New MacBook Pro (or another notebook of your choice) + 34″ monitor.
Budget for books, online courses and conferences.
Unlimited supply of Mate Mate and coffee.
Budget for Uber when staying late in the office.
MultiSport card for working out.
Tools and technologies we love
Elastic, Ruby, Rails, Python, Cypress.io, Redis, Heroku, AWS, CircleCI, TDD in bash, Keboola, GoodData, Intercom, Slack, productboard, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
How we work
We work in small cross-functional teams that usually consist of three developers, a designer, and a product manager. The teams work closely together towards a specific goal related to making our customers even more awesome.
As a developer you will be part of the whole feature development lifecycle, starting with the discussion on where to focus our efforts and why. You will see all the feedback we collected from our customers linked in this cool tool called productboard 😉, and you will be encouraged to come up with ideas/objections.
Before we build well architected, scalable, and production ready features, we like to test our assumptions first. (Our time is valuable! Why risk building the wrong thing?) You will support our product discovery efforts by quickly hacking together prototypes that can be validated with our customers. After evaluating the results, we’ll select the best design/architecture to use moving forwards.
When we build features, we like to pair on complex problems, conduct detailed code reviews and deploy small changes daily. When you ship your feature to production, you’ll get to communicate the update to the users who requested and bask in all the joy and praise that comes from delivering awesome functionality to passionate users. This is especially rewarding since our customers are among the brightest product minds in the industry.
We like to have fun too
What we do beyond shipping features
We take pride in our craft, and we are constantly trying to improve our skills and tooling. We organize internal tech talks, code retreats, and hackathons. We also like to share our experiences with others on various meetups and conferences.
We suck at open source, but we would like to get better, so we started hosting open source hackathons where we order beer and pizza and pair program on fixing bugs from our favorite open source projects (React.js usually 🤓).
But writing code is not the only thing we do. We are social creatures. We like to hang out and discuss things beyond 0s and 1s. We have regular team breakfasts and dinners, but also like to get out of Prague from time to time, so we organize team offsites – both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
After work, we continually find ourselves at nearby Vinograf, Meat&Greet and a whiskey bar in Jindrisska Tower. Every Tuesday we host a beer evening at our office where we invite our +1s and people outside of the company as well – you are invited too! We usually watch how Playstation downloads another batch of updates, discuss our recent attempts to start running again, and listen to Mike’s fresh new playlist on Spotify. We are fun.