Eager to join our mission?
You’ll work with our content strategy manager to build and execute our brand within the product community. We’ll be writing blog posts, case studies, ebooks, and more with a focus on not just talking about the what, but also the why. We’re looking to tell stories that speak to our passion for creating and experiencing wonderful products. If you love writing and are interested in talking to people about how they make truly excellent product experiences, then this is the role for you!
Note that this position can be remote.
Please include a cover letter stating why you think you’d be a good fit for this role (maximum 350 words). If you have any, add 2 or 3 links to something you’ve written in the cover letter as well.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing! Turn our blog into a recognized publication about building products.
- Interviewing! Meet with product managers, customers, and influences to discover their stories about what they built, why they built it, and how they built it. (This is critical and you will interview the hiring manager as part of the process!)
- Storytelling! productboard customers love using our product. Craft those stories to get the message out.
- More writing! Beyond the blog, we’ll create additional work, such as ebooks, guides, videos, etc. Flex your creative muscles to execute all the ways to get our stories out.
What we’re looking for:
- Fluent in English
- At least 2-4 years experience as a writer (bonus: you’ve written about the tech space)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, creative writing, or a similar field
- Excellent project management skills
- Bonus: An understanding of how to incorporate SEO best practices into your writing
- Above all, you consider writing your craft: you have a process.
- You know that the actual writing is just a step in a broader process: you observe, participate, collaborate, prioritize, and act on feedback to produce great writing.
- You have a strong interest in product management, design, user research, psychology, and technology.
- You possess creativity, positive energy, a can-do attitude, and an interest in startups.
- You can manage a schedule of meeting, interviewing, writing, and editing articles to meet a fast-paced publishing cadence. This will be especially important if you’re remote.
- You can interview a wide range of people, including junior and senior leaders. You can keep the conversation on track.
What we offer
- 💰Competitive compensation package, including stock options
- 💻New MacBook Pro (or another notebook of your choice)
- 📚Budget for books, online courses and conferences
- 🌉The opportunity to travel to San Francisco and Prague to spend face-to-face time with our company
We like to have fun too
What we do beyond shipping features
We take pride in our craft, and we are constantly trying to improve our skills and tooling. We organize internal tech talks, code retreats, and hackathons. We also like to share our experiences with others on various meetups and conferences.
We suck at open source, but we would like to get better, so we started hosting open source hackathons where we order beer and pizza and pair program on fixing bugs from our favorite open source projects (React.js usually 🤓).
But writing code is not the only thing we do. We are social creatures. We like to hang out and discuss things beyond 0s and 1s. We have regular team breakfasts and dinners, but also like to get out of Prague from time to time, so we organize team offsites – both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
After work, we continually find ourselves at nearby Vinograf, Meat&Greet and a whiskey bar in Jindrisska Tower. Every Tuesday we host a beer evening at our office where we invite our +1s and people outside of the company as well – you are invited too! We usually watch how Playstation downloads another batch of updates, discuss our recent attempts to start running again, and listen to Mike’s fresh new playlist on Spotify. We are fun.
Congrats on getting this far