WHY WE MAKE PRODUCTBOARD
We started productboard because we have been inspired by exceptional product makers who have a vision. We celebrate missionaries who go for the moonshot, who stay up late at night because good enough isn’t for them. They don’t do easy, and they are not put off by failure.
We realized that these remarkable makers need the right tools to have the pulse of their customers, to stay laser-focused on the most important things, and to bring out the best in their teams. That is why we make productboard. We make product makers excel in everything they do.
Together with you, we have a unique opportunity to define and dominate a whole new category and define modern product management. Think the early days of Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, but for the best product minds.
We are seeking an experienced VP of Finance & Operations to lead and grow our Finance and Operations team. All our growth indicators are on fire we have plenty of cash and we need your help scaling our business rapidly.
You will be a member of our executive team and work directly with our founding CEO (Hubert here, writing this actually, nice to meet you! 👋).
You will lead our current Finance and Operations team of six, distributed between our US HQ in downtown San Francisco and Prague, Czech Republic. The whole company is now over 100 strong and we need your help with advancing our processes across every aspect of Finance and office operations.
We have 17 nationalities on the team and are deeply committed to diversity. We deeply believe in the strength of different perspectives and we value inspiration coming from different backgrounds and experiences.
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING
- 10+ years of leading exceptional finance and operations teams.
- Experience from a fast-growth organization, preferably B2B SaaS.
- Knowledge of latest accounting principles, practices, US GAAP standards, tax laws and regulations.
- Preferred experience with a globally distributed organization.
- Exceptional analytical, financial modeling, and systems skills.
- Strong overall leadership skills, inspiring and clear communication style, ability to bring out the best in others.
- Passion for what you do with a growth mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Lead strategy and execution across all finance functions.
- Build and manage a high-performing finance and operations team.
- Work alongside our CEO, VP Revenue, and the executive team to establish a clear strategy and targets for our business.
- Develop materials and provide support for all corporate transactions, including future fundraising and M&A.
- Analyze and optimize all aspects of SaaS economics across all our go-to-market motions, from self-service to enterprise sales.
- Own and direct financing strategies, analysis, forecasting, compliance, accounting, budgeting, cash management, legal management, and office management.
- Enhance internal financial management, establishing and maintaining KPI tracking, accounting policies and tools, and strengthening operational infrastructure across all departments and global entities.
- Oversee and assist in tax filings and compliance documentation.
- Implement systems to automate and scale the business across multiple global locations.
WHAT MATTERS TO US
We are proud of our unique culture built on friendship and we know it’s crucial now at this scaling stage to cultivate it. We truly believe that everyone joining us these days is our “cultural co-founder”. You will become a person that is representing the core values that we believe in. You will become a person that is showing others what behavior we appreciate, it means you are constantly curious, creative, transparent, passionate. Also running our finance we hope you will be smart about our investments.
You will be exposed to every step and decision of a fast-growing startup. There is lots to learn, lots to build. We offer competitive benefits and we’ll create an environment where you will love to work.
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
💰Competitive compensation, Stock options, Company 401k, and great health benefits
💻All tech equipment you need (Macbook, monitors, etc)
📚Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝4 weeks of vacation and commitment to a healthy work-life balance
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋Company contribution to Gym & Wellness memberships
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
🌉Opportunity to travel to Prague
productboard is the product management system of choice for the best product managers at companies like Microsoft, Zendesk, Metromile, Envoy, and 2,000+ more. We are funded by top investors and friends at Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures. Our team of 100+ is distributed between San Francisco and Prague, but we operate as a strong unit, very much driven by our clear mission to make products that matter, together.