We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist - Product Analytics to help us evolve our strategy and drive a data-first culture across productboard. You will work together with cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, and engineers to uncover deep insights about our customers and their behaviours. This is a unique and “meta” role that will help you and productboard to understand what it takes to build great products, and in turn, help our customers as well.
We strive to understand what creates the value for our customers and how to correlate outputs with outcomes through data. You will spend time working with our customers and their data to help us better understand user behaviour and tie that to our business outcomes. You will be pushing the boundaries of analytics using data science and ultimately enable us to build a better productboard.
- Oversee product analytics strategy and execution, from events creation to interpretation of data and recommendations to product teams
- Architect, build, and launch new data models to enable analysis, use statistics and machine learning to derive intelligence about product usage
- Innovate our product usage understanding using novel models, apply it to drive personalization and higher product adoption and engagement
- Partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and productize
- Create best practices and educate others what world-class product analytics encompases
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Understanding and experience with practical implementation of statistical and machine learning methods inc. feature engineering
- Extensive practical experience with data tools, including SQL, R, Python and experience in results visualisation/presentation (including relevant tools such as Looker)
- You are independent, can own the entire product analytics lifecycle from data to hypothesis formulation/ testing to presenting results and recommendations
- You are an exceptional communicator with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in relevant field (math, computer science, statistics, operations research or similar)
- Experience with machine learning and frameworks (Spark, TensorFlow, MLib) is a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
💻MacBook Pro or notebook of your choice + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books and conferences
🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague.
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
🌉Opportunity to travel to San Francisco/Prague
✈️Relocation Package for foreign (non Czechoslovak) candidates relocating to Prague
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel to the US
Our culture is one of trust and openness, free of workplace politics, and hasty decisions. Thoughtful and transparent collaboration is a value that's integral to our founding principles. For us, success is a team sport, so it's important you're a team player.