As product leaders, we aren't just charged with making the right product decisions, but doing so with the confidence, rationale, and transparency that rallies entire teams around a product vision. Yes, that's a tall order. But if you’re like us, you aspire to greatness and refuse to settle for mediocre products that will soon be forgotten. We’re looking for product leaders who not only celebrate this ethic but strive to infuse it into a product that will inspire other product leaders to see their work in the same light.
We’re building a product management system like no other. As a member of our team, your mission will be to uncover every detail about needs, wishes, and emotions of the best product minds out there and lead discovery and development of a product that is creating a new category. A product with meticulously beautiful design, a product that goes beyond functionality, a product that connects on a very personal and emotional level.
We are a startup. We are obsessed with human experience, design, cutting-edge technology. We don't compromise, we seek excellence. We get things done. We are transparent, we trust each other, we give candid feedback to learn from each other.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager or Director Product Management who will own the vision, strategy and execution of one of the jobs-to-be-done (JTBD) productboard is solving for its makers. It is a formidable endeavour touching many cross-functional areas of the product. You will achieve it by leading a product team yourself and eventually building a team of product managers with their teams. You will be working in a product leadership position reporting to our VP of Product.
- Own vision for one of the JTBD, become the world-expert in its understanding
- Own the JTBD’s strategy and related objectives and prioritization
- Align and execute the strategy with product teams teams to deliver solutions and subsequently desired outcomes, demonstrate meta-impact on our customers and us
- Contribute to Product Excellence methodology and thought leadership
- Lead and coach product managers and other functions (product design, engineering etc.)
Who we are looking for
You have the mind, heart, and skills of a user-centered product leader:
- Customer discovery – you are sharp, curious, know how to listen and exhibit deep empathy. You excel at problem interviews and seeking out the underlying why behind each observation or data point
- Product Management best practices – you are familiar with strategic and prioritization frameworks, metrics, go-to-market tactics, and pricing approaches.
- Interaction design for highly complex applications – you can conceptualize complex use cases and formulate clean, effective workflows to address them. The more you love UX and design the better
- Communication – You are a communicator. You speak, write, and present clearly and with positive energy
- Leadership - You lead by example and help others grow. You inspire and bring out the best in others
- Our team is distributed between San Francisco and Prague. Expect travel between our offices to cooperate and to learn from our global customer base
- You have +7 years’ experience in Product Management (last 3+ years as Senior Product Manager or +1 as a Director)
Are you passionate about delivering the first effective solution for helping PMs build excellent products? We’d love to hear from you.
Why we create productboard
We started productboard because we are inspired by product leaders who have a vision. We celebrate missionaries who go for the moonshot, who stay up late at night because good enough isn’t for them. They don’t do easy, and they are not put off by failure.
We realized that these remarkable leaders need the right tools to have the pulse of their customers, to stay laser-focused on the most important things, and to bring out the best in their teams. That is why we make productboard. We make product leaders excel in everything they do.
We are not a typical tech company consumed by its product and features, we appreciate and value marketing genius. We are not just building a product, we are building a strong brand that resonates with people on a deeply emotional level. A brand with a strong and passionate community and followers.
We are not just doing something better in an existing market. You will have the unique opportunity to define and dominate a whole new category. Think the early days of Salesforce, Hubspot, Zendesk. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
💰Competitive compensation package, including stock options
♥️ Company contribution to medical, dental and vision insurance plans
💻MacBook Pro or notebook of your choice + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books and conferences
🏝4 weeks of vacation
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋Company contribution to Gym & Wellness memberships
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad!
✈️The opportunity to travel to Prague to spend face-to-face time with the Prague team in their dog-friendly office and explore the city
⏱Flexible working hours and WFH policy
You will be interacting with our audience of highly engaged and active product experts, from new PMs who will need your help to highly experienced Chief Product Officers. Amongst our customers are some of the best product teams out there - Zendesk, Intercom, Invision, Metromile, Envoy.
You will learn literally everything there is to know about product leadership, you will grow, and you will share your expertise with other enthusiastic and like-minded product people.
Our culture is built on trust and transparency and you will be exposed to every step and decision of a fast-growing startup. There is lots to learn, lots to build. We offer competitive benefits and we'll create an environment where you will love to work.