Product Excellence Consultant
- Customer Experience
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We started productboard because we are inspired by product leaders who have a vision. We celebrate missionaries who go for the moonshot, who stay up late at night because good enough isn’t for them. They don’t do easy, and they are not put off by failure.
We’re looking for product experts who not only celebrate this ethic but strive to infuse it into the many product teams out there and inspire other product leaders to see their work in the same light.
We’re building a product management system like no other, but we recognize that to make something great even the best tool isn’t enough if it isn’t used in the right way. That is why we need your help to evangelize product management best practices and educate our market about our product excellence framework, a rigorous approach to product management that is supported and enabled by productboard.
As the inaugural member of our product excellence consulting team, your job will be to act as the authority on the craft of product management. You will need to quickly evaluate product management maturity of prospective and existing customers, help them identify opportunities for improvement and advise them on how to best leverage productboard’s product management system to its fullest.
You will support our sales colleagues during the sales process and you will onboard our new customers to ensure their success as they adopt productboard. Listening closely to the market and observing our customers, you will continuously funnel valuable user insights back to our product teams and work with them closely to improve our product experience.
We are a startup. We are obsessed with design, human experience, cutting-edge technology. We don't compromise, we seek excellence. We get things done. We are transparent, we trust each other, we learn from each other. This is a unique opportunity to be part of something big from the early days.
If all this resonates, get in touch!
- Act as a primary, detailed, hands-on expert for our product and our product excellence framework pre- and post-sale.
- Participate in the introduction, scoping and discovery calls to assess our prospects’ and customers’ product management maturity.
- Conduct initial onboarding and training workshops for new customers.
- Help create and optimize product excellence training curriculum and materials.
- Support our sales and customer success colleagues when engaging with complex and sophisticated product organizations.
- Actively listen to the market and deliver insights into our product teams.
You have the mind, heart, and skills of a user-centered product leader:
- Customer discovery – you are sharp, curious, know how to listen and exhibit deep empathy. You excel in discovery activities and seeking out the underlying why behind each observation or data point.
- Product Management best practices – you are familiar with strategic and prioritization frameworks, metrics, go-to-market tactics.
- Communication – You are a communicator. You speak, write, and present clearly and with positive energy. You are fluent in English.
- Leadership - You lead by example and help others grow. You inspire and bring out the best in others.
- Education & experience - You have a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar and a minimum of 5 years of product management and/or technical experience.
- Tools - You are very familiar with Jira, GitHub, task management and other systems frequently used in the digital product and engineering space.
- Travel - Our team is distributed between San Francisco and Prague and our customers are spread all over the world. Expect occasional travel between our offices to participate in team events, meetups, and conferences, and to meet our global customers.
You will be interacting with our audience of highly engaged and active product experts, from new PMs who will need a lot of help to highly experienced Chief Product Officers. Amongst our customers are some of the best product teams out there – Zendesk, Intercom, InVision, Metromile, Envoy.
You will learn literally everything there is to know about product leadership, you will grow, and you will share your expertise with other enthusiastic and like-minded product people.
Our culture is built on trust and transparency and you will be exposed to every step and decision of a fast-growing startup. There is lots to learn, lots to build.
We offer competitive benefits:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- 401k plan
- Generous vacation time
- Professional development & career coaching
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- Employee referral bonuses