Come and design the future of Product Excellence with us.
WHY WE MAKE PRODUCTBOARD
We started productboard because we have been inspired by product makers who have a vision. We celebrate missionaries who go for the moonshot, who stay up late at night because good enough isn’t for them. They don’t do easy, and they are not put off by failure.
We realized that these remarkable makers need the right tools to have the pulse of their customers, to stay laser-focused on the most important things, and to bring out the best in their teams. That is why we make productboard. We make product makers excel in everything they do.
Together with you, we have a unique opportunity to define and dominate a whole new category. Think the early days of Airbnb, Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk. We can't wait to have you be part of it!
We are seeking an accomplished and energized Director of Product Marketing with a passion for using, evangelizing and shaping great B2B products. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires strong partnerships with our Product, Growth, Demand Generation, and Sales teams to conceive and execute a strategy that successfully takes productboard to market.
You will build and lead a team responsible for crafting compelling narratives, identify personas, enabling sales, creating content, conducting competitor analysis, managing launches, and helping drive productboard’s go-to-market strategy.
The ideal candidate is creative, collaborative, and data-oriented, and has hands-on product marketing experience in a SaaS company. You are self-motivated, a clear and effective communicator, and have demonstrated ability to perform at a high-level in previous professional experience. You possess strong marketing and analytical skills, and have a track record of working cross-functionally to deliver on successful campaigns and experiments.
- Lead, mentor, and grow the product marketing team ensuring they are set up to succeed and are successful in their roles
- Partner with our Product, Growth and Marketing teams to define go-to-market strategies rooted in key insights, product needs, and emerging trends
- Work cross-functionally to constantly suggest and design holistic, results-driven campaigns and experiments to drive awareness, improve conversions, and increase product engagement
- Develop deep product understanding, product messaging and positioning that sets us apart from competitors, demonstrates understanding of our customers’ needs, and moves us forward on the path to creating a new category
- Partner with the Sales team to develop and produce impactful enablement resources and arm the team to better position ourselves against other competitors and products, and drive faster sales cycles, larger deal sizes, and healthy conversion rates
- Lead product launches and be a strategic partner to the Product team, with a focus on driving results and a desire to experiment with new channels
- Be the voice of the customer. Document audience needs and pain points, and work with the rest of the team to reflect that perspective in everything we do
- Define our target audiences and buying personas, understand and document the buying process for our solution, and create content and resources that map to the customer journey
- Be comfortable working side-by-side with leaders in the company for key launches and announcements
- Be the expert and spokesperson for productboard, our use cases, and the markets we compete in, across external press and analyst relations channels
- 5+ years product marketing experience, ideally at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience building, leading, and mentoring a team
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, communicating your strategy and vision, and driving execution of all tactics (including digital experimentation) to drive awareness, engagement, and product adoption
- Experience working across several aspects of product marketing, including branding and positioning, targeted outreach, Go-to-Market strategy, campaigns, community, content, web, social media, email, events, and sales enablement.
- Strategic, analytical, and data-driven with the ability to leverage insights to better understand our customers, represent the voice of the user, and bring an audience centric perspective into the go-to-market and product development processes
- Strong technical writing skills (meaning you can adapt to the productboard voice and write with the customer in mind), and proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Passion and deep interest in product management—unafraid to dive into the nitty gritty technical details
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies is a plus
- Positive outlook, creative, and flexible (must be open to later hours as the extended marketing team is based in San Francisco)
- Native proficiency in English
WHAT MATTERS TO US
We are proud of our unique culture and we know it's crucial now at this scaling stage to cultivate it. We truly believe that everyone joining us these days is our "cultural co-founder". You will represent the core values that we believe in and show others what it means to be constantly curious, creative, transparent, and passionate.
Our culture is built on trust and transparency and you will be exposed to every step and decision of a fast-growing startup. There is lots to learn, lots to build. We offer competitive benefits and we'll create an environment where you will love to work.
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
💰Competitive compensation package, including stock options
❤️Company contribution to medical, dental and vision insurance plans
💻MacBook Pro or notebook of your choice + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books and conferences
🏝4 weeks of vacation
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋Company contribution to Gym & Wellness memberships
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad!
✈️The opportunity to travel to Prague to spend face-to-face time with the Prague team in their dog-friendly office and explore the city
⏱Flexible working hours and WFH policy