Director of Engineering
- Prague, Czechia
About the job
- You will lead 4 to 6 engineering managers in charge of product teams with 40 engineers.
- You will coach, mentor and develop your managers and technical leaders.
- Together with the CTO you will implement modern engineering processes and practices based on Agile.
- You will maintain a healthy, collaborative culture in line with the company values as we navigate through hyper-growth.
- You will be actively involved in hiring engineers and engineering managers.
- We don’t expect you to write or review code regularly. If that is something you’ll miss, this role may not be for you.
- You have a strong technical background, ideally building complex B2B SaaS products.
- You have experience with leading engineering teams—ideally from a startup or a scaling company.
- You're seasoned at building processes from the ground up rather than just maintaining an already stabilized mature environment.
- You are a coach and a talent magnet. You empower people to do the best work.
- A strong personal brand in the tech community is a clear plus.
- You are fluent in English—our team consists of 14+ nationalities.
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- MacBook Pro or notebook of your choice + 34″ monitor
- Multisport card to access sports facilities in Prague.
- Five weeks of vacation.
- Flexible working hours and home office.
- Budget for education and conferences.
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats.
- Visa sponsorships and relocation support when moving to Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets.
- Our experienced senior team provides expertise, mentoring and support.
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work.
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel to the US